Full moon night in Mansarovar Lake on 30 April 2018 (Buddha Jayanti Purnima)
The snow-capped rocky peak-Kailash Parbat (mountain), 6714meters is also believed to be a place where founders of Tibetan Buddhism, Jainism and Bonpo religions once meditated and resided. As Hindus and Buddhists all over the world also worship this peak as the exact "Center of the Universe" Jains believes that their first Saint obtains Liberation: “Freedom” meditating at Kailash Parvat.
Mostly Hindu people believe Mount Kailash to be the abode of supreme Hindu God, Lord Shiva and his wife Parvati. For a Hindu, to make the arduous pilgrimage to Kailash and have the divine view (Darshan) of Shiva’s abode is to attain release from the clutches of ignorance & delusion of life. Thousands of Hindu religious people come to visit the sacred mount Kailash and Mansarovar Lake, situated in the Southern part of China’s Autonomous Region of Tibet, every year from around the globe and neighboring country India via Nepal.
Tibet, a sacred home to Mount Kailash and Mansarovar Lake, is a famous pilgrimage destination for the devotees of Hinduism, Buddhism, Jainism and Bon religions and an epitome of beauty and awe to the rest of the world. For Buddhist to make the challenging pilgrimage is to feel the peace of the surrounding which they believe the meditating spot of Lord Buddha.
Mansarovar Lake is just beside the sacred Mount Kailash. The word “Manas” means mind or consciousness and “Sarovar” means Lake. Hence this lake is defined as the Lake of consciousness. As Kailash Parvat it also has held deep spiritual influence and wide religious belief among Hindus and Buddhist. Hindu worships it as the bathing lake of Lord Shiva and Goddess Parvati. Making round of the Lake and taking a dip in it is believed to be Purge one’s soul from sins and the body from sickness. Still there are others, who believe one can not only clean his soul but also secure his place in heaven after the end of mortal life. The beautiful birds and ducks roaming at this Lake multiply the beauty of this gigantic Lake. One more religious doctrine opines that taking a dip in it helps one attain “Mokshya”: free from the cycle of birth and re-birth in the worldly life. This Lake is so mighty that it takes three full days to just go round its peripheries even for the locals. Other adventure lovers or new pilgrims may take 5-7 days for same rotation. One dip into the cold water of this holy Lake is believed to free the soul of all its sins, thus carving a straight path to heaven after death. Ancient Hindu scriptures indicate this Lake as a must visit place for someone who wants to attain “Salvation” - the highest level of achievement in Hindu religion. The cascading waves of the Lake with pleasant chirping of the birds around provide the eternal pleasure for the visitors. It looks very charming. A Travel Company at Nepal, Monterosa makes very pleasant & smooth Yatra every year. So, please join with us and take our best services for this trip. We heartily welcome you. Here is our itinerary for this year.
Meeting point: After Arrival to Tribhuvan International Airport at Kathmandu as per your time table, you will be received by our staffs.
- 53 km Kailash Parikrama / Kora/round must be walk/trek from Yamdwar to Chongdo, which is 38km. No any car/bus and jeep Service will be available so everybody should walk or ride horse. Pony and local porter can be hired for 3 days.
- One should adjust in basic service guest house, lodges/mud houses during Kailash tour
- Passport validation must be at least 6 month or more.
- In Kailash region, there is no any temple of Lord Shiva but we can see the temple of Lord Ram, Sita and Laxman in Khojarnath on the way to Mansarovar Lake which is 15 km far from Hilsa boarder Nepal Tibet boarder.
- Hilsa - Chiu Gompa - Darchen - Yamadwar - Darchen – Hor – Manasarovar Lake. Eco vehicle blue bus must be used compulsorily which we can get from Nagri Tourism of Bureau in Darchen.
Mount Kailash and Mansarovar Tour with Helicopter
25 April 2018 Day 01: After arrival to Kathmandu Airport you will be transferred to hotel. In evening, you will be taken to visit Pasupatinath temple for arati then stay overnight at hotel.
26 April 2018 Day 02: In Kathmandu – A holy visit to Pasupatinath. After paying homage to lord Pashupatinath, there will be briefing for Kailash Yatra by Helicopter & in afternoon you will be transferred to Kathmandu domestic airport to fly to Nepalgunja (450m). It is 55 minutes flight. Overnight stay will be at Hotel.
27 April 2018 Day 03: In Morning, there will be 45 minutes flight to Simikot (2950m). We will take Lunch and in afternoon walk down and visit Shiva Temple for Darshan.
28 April 2018 Day 04: Early in the morning after taking breakfast, we get down at Simikot airport and fly for 25 minutes in a small helicopter with 5-6 seats to Hilsa. After crossing the Nepal-Tibet boarder and drive for 1 hour to Purang / Taklakot and stay in hotel.
29 April 2018: Day 05: Free day and acclimatize yourself in Purang/Taklakot
30 April 2018 Day 06: Drive to Mansarovar Lake (4580m) for 2 hours and we can see
Rashes Lake on the way, after reaching Mansarovar Lake, we continue kora and reach Chiw Gompa that is nearby Mansarovar Lake. (Full moon night in Mansarovar Lake)
01 May 2018 Day 07:Early in the morning, we take holy bath in Mansarovar Lake then after we do Pooja, Habana by Swami, Braman Pandit or Yourself, we do provide 1 Brahmin Pandit in Mansarovar Lake. Finishing all Pooja rituals we take lunch and drive to Darchen, Base camp of Kailash as well as last city of Kailash tour. You will get 4 star hotel in Darchen for night stay.
02 May 2018 Day 08: Drive for 20 minutes to Yamdwar (Tarboche) from Darchen. It is the beginning spot of Kailash Parikarma. Trek to Dirapuk (4860m) for 6-7 hours. Overnight will be spending in Shishapangma guesthouse.
03 May 2018 Day 09: Trek to Dolma La pass (5636m), Trek to Zutulpuk (4790m). After 10-11 hours walk you will get to spend your night at a basic guesthouse in Zuthulpuk.
04 May 2018 Day 10: Trek to Chongdo then drive to Mansarovar Lake (4580m) to take holy water for Prasad jal and drive to Taklakot. Overnight stay here.
05 May 2018 Day 11: Morning drive to Hillsa and fly Helicopter to Simikot. After fix wings aero plane flight takes you to Nepalgunja and Kathmandu. Then, you will be transferred to hotel.
06 May 2018 Day 12: You will be taken to Airport for final departure. This is how your Kailash Manasarovar trip terminates.
Cost: Join basis / Privet tour
NRIs / tourist: 5 Star Deluxe room Radisson (International standard) hotel in Kathmandu
Package A: American citizen per person USD 3475 + Visa fee USD 175 - Total USD 3650
Package B: Canadian citizen per person USD 3475 + Visa fee USD 155 - Total USD 3630
Package C: Other citizen per person USD 3475 + Visa fee USD 85 - Total USD 3560
Single Supplementary USD 400 (If take single room) but not every place in Tibet.
NRIs / tourist: 5 Star Deluxe hotel in Kathmandu Nepali standard
Package D: American citizen per person USD 3000 + Visa fee USD 175 - Total USD 3175
Package E: Canadian citizen per person USD 3000 + Visa fee USD 155 - Total USD 3155
Package F: Other citizen per person USD 3000 + Visa fee USD 85 - Total USD 3085
Single Supplementary USD 350 (If take single room) but not every place in Tibet.
Indian Passport holder (Group Join basis/ privet)
Per person INR 1, 80,000 (17 Person or more) deluxe 5 star Radisson in Kathmandu
- Kathmandu arrival - transfer to hotel-welcome drink, briefing
- Darshan Pashupatinath evening arati - next day morning also
- 2 nights hotel Kathmandu-all meals-2 bed room sharing basis
- Hotels double bed sharing, guesthouse/mud house 4 bed room
- Kathmandu - Nepalgunja - Simikot-Kathmandu-scheduled flight
- Simikot - Hilsa - Simikot(Charter flight 5-6 persons) 1helicopter
- Tibetan guide for Kailash tour from Hillsa, Nepali team leader
- Supporting cooking team - assistant Sherpa guide for Kailash
- Life, medical insurance- Nepali team leader Kailash tour staff
- Chef cook (who can prepare vegetarian dishes) cook & helper
- All guesthouse / mud houses during Kailash -Mansarovar tour
- Deluxe luxury air-condition coach(India passport holder/NRIs)
- Support truck carrying Kailash food, luggage and Nepali staff
- Oxygen cylinder, mask - regulator Kailash for emergency use
- Upper Humla permit for helicopter and clients trekking permit
- Yak and yak man for mount Kailash Parikrama (Kailash Kora)
- All entrance and conservation fee of Nepal and mount Kailash
- A duffel bag, completed certificate for Mt. Kailash (if required)
- Travel permit and Tibet visa Kailash tour all Yatri, Nepali staff
- Baggage allowed per person 15kg total who travel helicopter
- Rudra Avishek - hom with 11Braman Poojari in Pasupatinath
- 1 Pandit in Mansasarovar full moon day / Evening do pooja
- Day back pack 3 days Kailash Parikram
- Travel insurance for life and medical
- Nepal re-entry visa fee for tourist/NRIs
- Domestic excess baggage cargo cost
- Beverages(cold drinks & hard drinks)
- Photography and telephone charges
- Additional expenses incase-bad weather
- Emergency evacuation expenses in case
- Tips for Tibetan / Nepali guide and staff
Packing list For Kailash Yatra
- Small back is pack for 3 days KailashParikrama/Kora
- Basic medicines (for minor injuries or life saving kit)
- Any regular medicines that you have been prescribed
- Toiletries kit (Shop, shampoo, toothpaste, tooth brush)
- Water bottle / Thermos flask for hot water (2 litters)
- Sport shoes good for walking for KailashKora, gloves
- Woolen socks (minimum 4 pairs) Torch light, rain coat
- Wool / Thermo cot undergarments for Kailash tour
- Shirt and pants which is easier to be while doing Kora)
- Sunglasses, Sun lotion/cold cream - Kailash tour/Yatra
- Sweets, Zinger/garlic candies, dry fruits, lozenges, etc
- Enough warm clothing for mount KailashYatra / tour
- Kindly consult your doctor and get yourself examined for Spiritual Kailash Manasarovar tour
- As Holy mount Kailash & lake Manasarovar is situated at high altitudes please start exercises like walking, jogging, yoga meditation and other breathing exercises in order to have a make successful holy tour
- Kindly get yourself a Travel medical insurance for this Kailash Manasarovar tour. Please make sure you cover yourself for emergency evacuation (helicopter), road transportation and hotel accommodation in the insurance.
- Every Yatri have Life, Medical, Rescue Jeep or Helicopter insurance before getting enrolled in Kailash Tour. Do insurance at home country.
Oxygen is less at higher altitudes. The inclement weather and high altitude induces certain illness generally not encountered over the plains. Headache, nausea, lassitude, lethargy, breathlessness, general uneasiness [malaise], high irritability, light loss of balance, disorientation, incoherence and insomnia are a few. It is common to all irrespective of the age, sex and physical fitness. Gradual acclimatization is the best answer. Tranquilizers, sleeping dose and strong anti-biotic must be avoided. Some of symptoms indicate that the body mechanism is readjusting to new environments. The best idea is deliberately slow down all the activities and follows the following rules:
- Relax-do not exert, be excited, make rest if need
- Reduce talking each other
- Walk slowly – adopt one third of your speed and space.
- Keep your load light.
- Walk for 30 minutes and rest for 5 minutes
- Whenever you feel uncomfortable, just stop; rest and relax.
- Ignore the sudden outbursts of fellow pilgrims and avoid arguments.
- Observe silence with smile.
- Never go too high and too fast.
- Consume plenty of liquids; never proceed with an empty stomach.
- Chant a prayer or visualize everything around to suit your pleasant thoughts or put on the earphones and listen to your favorite music, Bhajans, chanting etc.
- Be careful not to catch a cold. It is better to be over clothed than under protected. En-route avoids taking bath or drinking water from Lake Streams or rivers, as your system is not conditioned for this.
- Protect yourself against dust and direct sunshine during the long stretches of driving. Face, feet and hands must be well protected.
- The uneven ground, steep slope and slushy banks are full of potholes. Do not combine walking and sightseeing together.
- Always listen to your guide or the one with experience. Never leave the group.
- On this trip, over exertion is to be avoided and drinking plenty of fluids is recommendable. During winter
- 50% cancellation charges of the rate package cost incase cancellation is received between 7 – 15 days of departure.
- No refund in case cancellation is done after your Kailash permit and Tibet visa.
- A client on his/her own will make no refund or adjustment in the event of interruption of journey after commencement of the tour.
- Any changes in given itinerary requested by the client will be on chargeable basis.
- Extra accommodation in Kathmandu over 2 nights for Helicopter and 3 nights for via Lhasa as per itinerary due to early arrival from home or Kailash, rescue charges, medical bills are bill direct to Yatris.
- If the trip is disturbed in case of Visa/ permit problem create from Tibet, or any other reason, which is not in our hand, it is client’s own risk and clients pay all the expenses.
- During the Kailash Manasarovar tour, if any Yatri in case of sick or will cancel trip not doing complete tour, the package cost is 100% not refunded.
Hotels & Guesthouses In Above Package:
Kathmandu = Hotel Radisson or Hotel Shangri-La
Nepalgunja = Hotel Cynett Krishna inn /Hotel Sidhartha
Taklakot = Hotel Himalaya or Similar
Manasarovar Lake = Guesthouse (basic dormitory room)
Diraphuk = Shishapangma guesthouse (basic dormitory room)
Zuthulphuk = Guesthouse (basic dormitory room)
Hilsa Nepal = Guesthouse (basic dormitory room)
Notice for Helicopter Route:
- Visa for Indian passport holder should be received from Chinese embassy in New Delhi.
- 5 days before departure, original passport must be sent to New Delhi office for assessment.
- If Indian passport holder lives out of India, Passport should be sent 5 days earlier in New Delhi, India.
- India to Kathmandu journey can be set with Voter Id as well and you will get your passport just a day before Kailash tour departure.
- If we do not receive your passport on time, you may lose your tour package as we cannot guarantee your visa.
- You cannot depend upon us for two cases, 1. Weather condition, 2. Tibet Visa and Permit.
- We recommend our Yatris not to take helicopter for Kailash Tour because of unpredictable weather. You may face difficulties on the way to Kailash and while returning back. At least 3 extra days should be invested for relax journey. The route of Nepalgunja – Simikot or Simikot - Nepalgunja has the most fluctuating weather condition. The cost of extra days exceeding the original itinerary will be added on the shoulder of the travelers themselves. The cost per day is USD 35 or INR 2200. Helicopter charge is excluded from this cost for the flight journey. The charger cost must be bear by the travelers if they wish to travel by helicopter.
- Every traveler must do insurance for rescue helicopter, land transportation and medical expenses.
- In case of delay of Visa from Chinese Embassy, the cost of extra day’s exceeding our original itinerary; accommodation should be bear by travelers.
- We request every traveler including NRIs not to choose helicopter route and follow Land route. The land journey will be from 01 September 2017.
In land route, travelers will have flight from Kathmandu to Lhasa. Then they will be overland to Shigatse then Saga and then Kailash Manasarovar circumambulation.
Or, we can directly fly from Kathmandu to Lhasa then to Ali airport from Lasha. Mansarovar Lake is just 200 km drive from Ali Airport and Mount Kailash is nearby Mansarovar. We will do Kailash and Mansarovar Circumambulation and return back.
- We organize Kailash-Mansarovar tour as per our guests’ interest and time schedule. We can make both Land Journey and Flight Journey. But, the extra cost excluding our original itinerary should be bear by the guests themselves. Booking is open at Monterosa Treks and Expedition for Kailash-Mansarovar Holy Tour. Haar Haar Mahadev.